On a lighter note, remember a couple of months ago one of my friends was working on a keepsake quilt made from my daughter's clothes that I wanted to keep, but not store? Well, it's now completed and is absolutely beautiful! It is exactly what I had pictured in my mind and she did an amazing job! Here it is (from her blog):
Now some pictures I took (not the best in the world, I'm no photographer. Obviously - ha!)
The center of every square has a motif from from the clothes in it, either the print from the front or some sort of other decorative embroidery, even a pocket from one dress. So special!
The back of the quilt is Paula Prass' Garden Trellis in pink (a perfect mid-scale print in a pink that's not too sweet or hot).
The top full size picture isn't showing as large on my blog - but pop over to Kheli's blog post for a larger picture and a great description. Kheli is a fabulous quilter who has an Etsy store too. Keep her in mind if you ever want an amazing quilt made. Her work is perfection! I can't thank her enough for this treasured keepsake!


love x infinity
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you like it! I had soo much fun making it and I love all the little embroidered critters!
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is beautiful! What a wonderful idea! How I wish I could sew!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet quilt - and a brilliant idea! Whenever I have children, I'd love to make a keepsake like this.
ReplyDeleteJenny, Kheli's master piece is amazing. I can't think of a greater gift to Miss A. than this wonderful keepsake. I love the trellis patterned fabric for the back, perfect.
ReplyDeleteI hope all is going well with your new Realtor. Sounded like a good choice. Not much happening here @ all. Had a showing today & about fell off the sofa when I got the call. Thanks so much for the sweet comment about daughter Kate. I bet you she's older than you..eek!! You know what that means, I'm older than dirt!
Wishing you a good Sunday. Yes today is a somber one. Shall never forget.
With love,
Deb
So perfect! Left a note for Kheli on her blog.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing idea. I just love it!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this...have been saving special clothes for years..will check out her sight b/c your quilt is so gorgeous, this made my day! xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt!
ReplyDelete