I love Grace's work so I was super excited when the ginormous hardcover version of this book came out about three years ago. But with a $140+ price tag, I balked. Of course waiting around for a second-hand copy was futile because those prices were even worse (however, since this paperback has come out the prices have fallen quite a bit). Apparently it was such a huge success and was in such demand that finally they came out with a paperback version for roughly $35 (on
Amazon). I pre-ordered it. And I love it, but I don't LOVE it. It's much smaller size-wise than the original and I wish they would have beefed up the cover. But it is a beautiful book, full of pictures from editorials that I love with commentary about the shoots and Grace. I'm glad I have the book, but I was left wanting just a little more. I can't explain it, but something felt missing/lacking. Anyway, I only wish I could have her sign it (dare to dream). If you are a fashion fan/historian/etc. then certainly pick this up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!