You know how sometimes you just "feel" something is brewing? Well I've been feeling like a shake up in the footwear area is on the horizon. Nothing major, just a bit of a backlash against all of the sky-high platforms, a return to a sleeker silhouette. Remember the time when Manolo Blahnik ruled the shoe roost? In my opinion he has the most beautiful heel shape on his classic pumps - not too curvy, not too straight - his are the gold standard. His pumps are timeless...
And ever since I saw Prada's 2012 Resort collection, that non-platform, classic pump shape has been front and center in my mind. I think the time has come for their return! You can't beat their versatility, practicality and just plain overall chicness. Heaven knows we all can't afford our own Blahniks, so I put together some great under $100 options.
From previous experience Nine West makes some great pumps like this in an array of colors and textures.
What do you think? Is this non-platform shoe shape a refreshing change? Do tell!
Yes! Never was a fan of how stilettos felt.
ReplyDeleteYes, I never was much of a fan of the platform. I do love a pointy toe pump tho!
ReplyDeletei think i will always LOVE platforms, but i do like to throw on some classic shapes once in a while (with a hidden platform, lol). Nine west is one of my fave places because they are comfy, affordable, and usually have small sizes!
ReplyDelete[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!
i so love all of these. Anyway, please join my $50.00 shopbop giveaway
ReplyDeletei do like manolos for sure. i guess if we went back to this style then my feet would definitely hurt less. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, I loved the title... no pun intended, right :) While I don't mind a little platform, I love the ladylike look of the classic pump. I have a black pair that I haven't worn in a long time, and I think it's about time I bust them out again!
ReplyDelete