Sunday, March 3, 2019

Book Review - "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak (#8 - 2019)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I didn't know quite what to expect when I read this book.  I didn't read it 10+ years ago when it came out and I have not seen the movie.  The book is told through the eyes of Death.  Okay that sounds very morbid and depressing but it's not, I swear.  But it took me a few pages to figure it out.  The story focuses on a foster girl named Liesel who lives with her foster parents outside of Munich, Germany right as WWII is underway.  Liesel is the "book thief", her foster father teaches her to read and she becomes obsessed with books.  It's a very good book, however it can get a little hard to follow sometimes. I would recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...