The Cheap Chica's Guide to Style by Lilliana Vazquez
One of the most comprehensive, informative style books out there. This is not a picture heavy book, it's more about the information. Not that all the information was brand new or groundbreaking, but it was assembled and put together in a very user friendly way. So much so I bought a copy (after reading the one I checked out at the library). Great budget friendly information with tips and tricks to make your money go further. Sometimes she seems a bit out of touch (like preaching the "cheap" thing and then mentioning her multiple Celine bags and Louboutin shoes) but I'll forgive her, I get what she's saying - quality over quantity - however purchasing multiple high-end bags and shoes are just not a reality for us regular folk. Trust me, I'm over 40 and have been down the designer/high end bag and shoe road in my 20's-early 30's, it's fun and great and all but (with the exception of two bags and two pairs of shoes) I would not buy that stuff again, I would invest or put the money aside. And she does preach that. Overall, this is a solid addition to any style guide collection.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!