True Love by Jennifer Lopez
I'll preface this review by saying that I'm a Jennifer Lopez fan, just love her. So I was interested in this book to begin with (by the way, the book itself is gorgeous). That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at how "real" she got in this book about her issues with self-esteem and being able to just love herself, the journey to her realization that she is "enough". This book was super easy to read, I was done in under 4 hours flat. Lots of glamorous J.Lo pictures, lots of soul searching, stories and candid takes on her relationships. I like how she walks the reader through her revelations and the work that went into it. Now is this stuff groundbreaking? No. Is it useful? Sure. I think you can learn something from anyone's journey (it's why I love reading autobiographies and biographies). That being said, I'm not sure a non-J.Lo fan would like it, because it's a whole lot of J.Lo. If you are a J.Lo fan then I would certainly pick this one up!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!