A Story Lately Told by Anjelica Huston
I've been hearing a lot about this memoir and was excited when I ran across a copy at the local library book sale! It recounts her childhood in Ireland, London and then eventually in NYC as a young model. Her life is fascinating, but I found her telling a bit scattered. I honestly had a hard time keeping up with the cast of characters. And I never understood if she actually finished school or not. Her lineage is fascinating (granddaughter of Walter and daughter of John) but also created a bit of destiny for her in regards to being in movies. When I finished the book, I was a bit "meh" and yet I still want to pick up part two to see what happens in Los Angeles. As autobiographies go this was a solid 3 on a scale of 1-5.

Something (and someone) tells me that part two will be the one to get.
ReplyDelete