When the tour of the main house and the guest house (who knew there was a guest house - whose interior I fell in love with along with the gorgeous wisteria hanging off the roof) was over I made a beeline for the gift shop ready to spend. And spend I did - books, cards and best of all these wonderful earrings:
They are wonderful because suspended in each one is a piece of concrete saved during the restoration of Fallingwater (the rest is acrylic and silver - they not at all heavy). I can't tell you how many people have commented on them when I wear them, and I just love telling the story. How fantastic to have a piece of this house that you can wear - they also make pendants and cuff links too. They are one of my prized possessions and my "go to" earrings that look great with everything. They are a special souvenir of a great day and a great piece of architecture!
Image from Fallingwater store
Very clever -- that is a great find!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. I'm a big FLW fan and have always wanted to go there.
ReplyDeleteIt's worth the trip to go and do the full tour, I wish I'd known we were so close earlier (we moved 4 months after I visited) I would have gone again. It was much more than I expected - incredible!
ReplyDelete