Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Weekend and My First Outfit Post(s)

Well, the weekend is here and this has seriously been the longest week in recent memory.  With the snow/ice "event" down here in GA that ended up cancelling my kiddo's Mother's Day Out for the days she goes.  Pile on top, us being stuck at home and me having to write a 4 page research memo (only a rough draft, but still) with a 2 year old acting like a caged monkey.  So it ended up in me having to stay up until midnight every night doing research and writing and I'm beat.  I usually work so much better between the hours of 10pm-2am (at least I did in my 20's when I was single and child-free).  Now, not so much, my body and mind just won't do it.  At least we didn't lose power - because trust me, in the South when the weather person even utters the word "ice", my heart skips a beat.  When I was but a wee, small gal in NC we had an ice storm that I remember to this day and we lost power and I remember being very afraid (and that everything was shiny).  Can we say traumatized?  I'll take snow over ice any day.

Anyhoo, back to the task at hand, my first outfit post.  Yikes and eek!  Be kind, I don't have a fancy camera and (God knows) I'm no supermodel, but I'm putting myself out there.  I'm stepping outside my comfort zone, if you will.  And obviously I need to put on some more makeup and stop doing the "push-your-head-down-and-get-a-double-chin" pose -ha!* 
Jacket:  BB Dakota (b'day gift)
Shirt:  Target
Pants:  Isaac Mizrahi for Target
Necklace:  House of Harlow (b'day gift from me to me)
Shoes:  Cole Haan (scored at Ross a couple of years ago for $7)
Bag:  Louis Vuitton Speedy

Here's a close up of the shoes - love them!

And here's a bonus outfit (again with the double chin pose - ha!):
My beloved cobalt blue shirt and shoes (see I practice what I preach)

With the sweater off because I absolutely can't wear a sweater all day, I get too hot.
Sweater:  Old Navy
Shirt:  J.Crew
Pants:  J.Crew
Shoes:  Nine West
Earrings and Necklace:  Made by my Mom from beads I purchased in Puerto Rico

*A note about the hair, I've been having major hair drama since my kiddo was born because: (a) it fell out in clumps soon after she was born, I had huge bald spots (which have since grown back), (b) it's a completely different texture now, (c) I can't have it cut and colored the way I used to, and (d) I hate it.  So I have been throwing it up in a ponytail for 2 solid years now, yeah.  But a big change will be coming so stay tuned...

13 comments:

  1. Love the 7 dollar Cole Haan's. Good to see your smiling face.
    We have had a very mild winter so far.
    Hope you get to catch up on your rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty lady! And you're rockin' my favorite royal blue hue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits Jenny! Good job at putting yourself out there girl-I know how nerve wracking that is! LOVE your House of Harlow necklace, been wanting a piece from the line too. Happy weekend! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you! I love both outfits - especially the jacket in the first and that cobalt blue in the next one. You are way too hard on yourself! Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for doing an outfit post! Glad youre finally doing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! I'm nowhere near brave enough to do the outfit posts...maybe one day :)

    I love both jackets as well as the blue on you. And the flats. Oh, and that House of Harlow necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great Jenny!!! I love the BB Dakota jacket and Blue shoes - you are totally stylin!

    Can't wait to see what you do with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are adorable, and I LOVE the pic of you on the bottom in that cobalt blue top. And the plaid jacket with the fabulous collar in the first photo? I need that in my life.

    Merci!
    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  9. that blue looks fab on you Jenny! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute. I know the first time is hard. It feels weird. You will get the hang ouf it though. The outfits are very practical and chic. Sorry about being snowed in. Can't imagine trying to do anything non kid related with a 2 yr old trapped in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so exited that you did outfit shots! I think you look great--I love that gorgeous plaid jacket and of course I love the cobalt blue! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look great! i know the kind of post-preggo changes you are referring to. my body type changed and i'm not able to wear the same things i used to before. look forward to more outfit posts!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are adorable. Keep on doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...