Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yeah, it's my birthday...whatever...

The title of the post pretty much sums up how I'm feeling about my birthday this year.  It's not been a pleasant week to say the least, sick kid, no sleep, having to squeeze in school work, etc - nothing tragic just too much.  It's also not helping that 40 is getting closer by the second and I don't feel like I'm at the place I should be or wanted to be at 37 - I don't feel 37, I don't think I look 37, well maybe some days I do - ha!  I had to hit a reset button at 35 and some days I still get PO'ed about it.  I try to stay positive but sometimes you just need to feel the rotten for a day, then make a plan to change what you can (hello, my mood!) and get back to the swing of things.  Enough of that rant (man up Jenny, really).

On a happier note, I've purchased a few little things for myself over the past week to enhance my wardrobe (and mood - retail therapy does work, as long as you don't go overboard).  Remember earlier this year I won Nesting Newbies Winter Bluebird Bag chock full of awesome stuff? Well part of the haul was a $50 Bloomingdales gift card and I finally spent it.  It was about darn time.  The discount stars aligned providing a 20% off discount code and here's what I got:

More House Of Harlow...
House Of Harlow at ShopStyle
A lovely House of Harlow black leather and gold necklace.  It's on it's way as we speak, I'll let you know if it lives up to the hype.  It will be my first House of Harlow purchase.

I also have been obsessed with these Target clogs since seeing them on Cathy over at Fashionably Southern and then on Jackie at Sweetie Pie Style.

More Mossimo...
Mossimo at ShopStyle
I hunted in almost every Target from Augusta to Atlanta without being able to score any in my size.  I ended up ordering them online along with this tissue turtleneck that was recommended by one of my good friends who is also turtleneck phobic (I have issues with things being that tight around my neck).  It's a very lightweight and the neck is really loose (not quite a cowl and not a tight turtleneck).   I ordered it in a size larger than normal and I must say it's pretty darn awesome.  It will be a perfect layering piece this winter!

More Mossimo...
Mossimo at ShopStyle

I have one more purchase up my sleeve using a gift card I won in a pretty awesome giveaway.  More on that later.

Also, I'm gutting my wardrobe once again.  I'm rethinking, rebuilding and rebooting my style as I enter a more "mature" phase in my life - HA!  Mature.  I crack me up.  Anyway I'm unloading some stuff that just doesn't work for me anymore.  I may list them here on the blog before I take them off to the consignment shop.  We'll see.  Thanks for reading this totally self indulgent post!  And I would be totally selfish if I didn't acknowledge that it's also Veteran's Day - a big thank you to all those who have served and are currently serving!  See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. Cant wait to hear about your House of Harlow necklace. I turned 42 this year and despite having added a dress size and still not have the facial studio I want I kinda like my 40's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy HAPPY Birthday girl! So sorry you've had a BLAH week....and you SO don't look anywhere CLOSE to 40!!! So sorry little girl is sick... hoping this is the last of the sickies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck to the yeah. I've been drooling over that HOH beauty forever. And you don't look anywhere near 37. HUGS! Now come cheer me up next Monday when it's my turn will ya? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean - whatever?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!!!!! Glad you were able to buy yourself something(s) special.
    You look amazing - I never would have guessed your age! And besides, if 40 is the new 30, technically you're only 27. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're able to enjoy your birthday a little even with everything going on :) I love all my HoH pieces so I'm sure you'll love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! I hope your little one feels better and you can take time to relax and really celebrate. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday hunnie....love the necklace...and I think you look fab..:)

    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, happy birfday girlfriend! 40 isn't SOOOO terrible (even though I complain about it from time to time). Love the House of Harlow necklace. In fact, the hubs got that for me for MY 40th!

    Have a great day, sister!
    Merci,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late birthday! I'm glad you got the clogs - you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...