Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Well, thank goodness I figured out how to schedule blog posts last week because if I hadn't you wouldn't have heard a peep from me.  Our internet conked out after a power outage and things were a mess after that.  Then pile on a sick toddler and hubby as well as a quick trip back to the "for sale" house 3 hours away and I had a completely weird and frazzled last week.  I have bought exactly one Christmas present and just sent out the Christmas cards today.  I am headed out with the little one to the "for sale" house tomorrow where we will spend Christmas (hubby will be there later this week and my Mom will be there Wednesday night).  Have we decorated?  No.  Will we?  I dunno.  Are all the people on my Christmas list going to be getting their gifts sometime in January?  Count on it!  It's just been a weird month at the end of a craptastic year.  I mean really, 2009, what did I ever do to you to have you be so mean?   So bottom line is I'm taking a few weeks off from the ol' blog.  I need to recharge, relax and just figure some things out.  Thank you all so much for reading and commenting and just making me so happy to have started this blog.  I promise I'll be back and posting away in early 2010.

In the meantime please enjoy The Roots performing "Lovely Love my Family" on "Yo Gabba Gabba" (this song has been on continuous loop in my brain, you see we have the Nick compliation DVD and this episode is on it.  Well my girl loves this DVD and so it gets played A LOT.  It is a good song though and quite happy and we all need some happy!) 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for stepping away for a wee bit to re-charge. You've been through a lot this year and this is the time to sit back and tell yourself that 2009 cannot repeat itself in 2010. After that sad tale of a post last week re; my ill pup, the next day the hubby came home with tears in his eyes to say he's been laid off AGAIN. Project has ended and no projects on the horizon = bye, bye. Then to frost the cake I got a call on Fri. from dad to fly home right away. He was worried mom would not live past Christmas and wanted me to be with her. I was planning to fly home after Christmas and spend my birthday with her. So I am writing from cold, rainy Washington. Just know I'm wishing your sweet family a blessed Christmas. A new year filled with health, happiness, good fortune and a SOLD house. xx deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope both our houses sell soon in 2010. Take care of yourself! There is no way you can take care of the toddler, if you are not at your best! Let hubby keep her for a few hours while you and your mom bond! Remember, you still need "mommy" time too! Merry Christmas! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you lady. I think most of us are REALLY hoping 2010 is a better year! Enjoy your respite and happy holidays! I will never get over how much the dude looooooooves Yo Gabba Gabba!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...