Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pantone's color of the year for 2010


Pantone has named 15-5519 Turquoise as it's color for 2010.  You know I loves my turquoise!  I expect that this is one color we will be seeing lots of in the coming months.  Here's what the lovely Leatrice Eiseman says about it (from the article):

“In many cultures, Turquoise occupies a very special position in the world of color,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “It is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many – taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy.”

I'm curious to see what it will be paired with most often - chocolate brown, coral, black, white, navy, burgundy?  What do you think?  See the entire article here.

2 comments:

  1. I loooooove it. Very shades of turg litter my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to use turquoise quite a bit, but every time we move, I change colors. Stupid really, but I love change. Truth be told I miss it. Oh fab would turq. & black be? Ohhh..& navy?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...