Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ahhh, 2009 is officially gone and good riddance!  I welcome 2010 with open arms and a better attitude.  Be nice 2010 (or else - ha!).  Christmas went well, the little one got quite a haul - girl raked in the loot.  We all got sick though, but at least we could relax and get better on our own time - still working on that part.  I still feel a bit like this (especially after a long few nights with a very congested toddler, which is why this post is a few days late):

 *yawn* - Image via here

So, I'm going to share my goals for 2010 with you all (I don't like the terms "resolutions" or "plans" for stuff like this.  "Goals" seem a bit more official.  'Cause if you know me, you know I'm nothing if not "official" - ha!)

1.  Get a new hairdo - sometime after I left NYC and had a baby, my hair became a hot mess that I basically scrape off my head into a ponytail or bun daily.  My hubby is over it and I'm over it too.  Time to change and feel "normal" again!

2. Do more meal planning. It honestly works. Not only does it help trim the food budget, but it takes the guesswork out of “what’s for dinner tonight?” My friend CSO over at Junius and Pippi Take the Cake has tracked her meal planning for a year now, it’s an inspiring read and I’m so proud of her!

3. Figure out/rework my desired career path. For example, I would love to intern/work for an Interior Designer (commercial or residential). I’ve always been interested in what they do and how they do it. Also would like to take a professional organizing class or two.  (this is my main goal for 2010)

4. Stop complaining. I’m so bad about being a grouch about little things and I need to change that. (if my hubby is reading this he’s probably thinking that me not complaining would be like a bird not flying – LOL!)

5. Mean what I say and say what I mean.

6. Purge, purge, purge. I’ve already started this with the little one’s stuff that she has outgrown and won’t use anymore. My closet needs to be tackled and our books need to be gone through.  I just want a more streamlined house full of things that are meaningful, this will make our move easier for sure.

7. Figure out how to make my blog look and be better. I’ve honestly hit my technological limit as to what I can do, so I need to get some help. Any suggestions about classes, etc?

8. Work on getting more “me” time – which has been really difficult since the little one came along. I’ve thrown myself 100% into being a Mommy and have let other things slide (see goal #1). This includes finding and joining a gym (with childcare).

9. Work on my focus, I’m so not good at being focused. I’m all over the place most of the time.

10. Finish up my Greece scrapbook (from our 2007 trip), get caught up on the little one’s memory book. I have the supplies, I just need to assemble.

So there, I figured 10 would be a nice round number to focus on.  Thank you for letting me share and I hope everyone reading this has a happy and healthy New Year!!!

*On a completely different topic, please send out your thoughts, prayers and well wishes to my best friend's hubby as he leaves for Afghanistan.  She is one amazing lady who has 3 little ones, goes to school and keeps it together every day - all on her own!

3 comments:

  1. Here's a great blog with great how-to-blog info: pigsgourdsandwikis.com. (wouldn't let me cut and paste!) We streamlined a ton befor getting the house listed. It does make it easier to keep up and adds to a serene home! And yup, Amy and John are always in my prayers. She is a great example to me, 3 boys, military hubby, great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list, it honestly amazes me that there isn't more of a demand for professional organizers as the homes they build these days don't come with storage and my sister (for example) is losing it and needs help now!!

    Anyway, I think it's a great idea. Hey do you want me to add you to my list since you could be officially tagged? Let me know, you didn't say so I don't want to assume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out -- helps with the motivation! And I need to add your #6-10 to my list. As for #1, next time you're in Greensboro, go see Cara Craig at Figaro Salon -- she's awesome and can even make me feel young and hip (at least while I'm in the salon).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...