Friday, October 30, 2009

Southwest Airlines prototype Green airplane


Southwest introduced the prototype at it's media day on 10/21, the main goal of the Boeing 737-700 is to reduce weight by almost 5 lbs per seat, so it saves fuel and reduces emissions.  The plane will serve as a test environment for new recyclable materials and products.  I personally love the InterfaceFLOR* carpet used (great idea, I mean, how often have you gotten on a plane and that center carpet looks like crap, stained and buckled.  With FLOR you can replace the soiled section and it won't look as icky):


Here is a look at some of the new upholstery options from e-Leather and IZIT Leather:


Starting 11/1 Southwest is amping up it's onboard recycling program too.  Good Green news all around!
See entire article here.

*disclaimer - I used to work for Interface so I'm a bit biased about their fab products - but trust me try the carpet tiles and you will love them!

Images via Interior Design

1 comment:

  1. why couldent their cabin be their regular colors

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...