Sunday, October 18, 2009

Honest Scrap


My blogging BFF (if there is such a thing - and if memory serves I think she was the first person who wasn't already one of my "real life" friends who commented on one of my posts.  I will be forever grateful.) Townhouselady has been kind enough to honor me with the Honest Scrap Award!   Here's how it works...


1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.  (Thank you Townhouselady and do check out her amazing blog here!)

2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself. (oh dear)

3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.

4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Here goes nothin':
1.  I am addicted to Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries and Diet Coke (not together, but I can guarantee you that at any given point in the day I am either consuming one of these or seriously thinking about it).

2.  I have not held a paying job in over 2 years and it's making me INSANE.  Between the economy and having a baby, it's been the perfect "unemployment storm".  So my job hunt continues...

3.  I love toilet humor - yeah, I'm basically a 12 year old boy at heart.  Anything gas related is my forte.

4.  I gained 65 pounds when I was pregnant.  There I said it - it was hard to say.  I tried, I really tried, but my body held on to calories like I was a bear about to hibernate.  In fact when I went back for my 6 week post partum check up I had only lost 1 lb from my "checking-into-the-hospital-to-give-birth" weight. I had somehow managed to gain more weight even after delivering an 8 pound baby.  I demanded a scientific explanation, it was something like "retaining fluids".  Whatever.  I have lost almost all of it though.  Whew.

5.  I think I'm the last person on Earth to carry a plain ol' cell phone with no bells and whistles.  Send and receive calls only.  I kick it old school.  Though I am seriously in want of an iPhone (hubby, if you are reading this - not likely - please take note - again, not likely)

6.  I have a million coats but I hate to wear them.  I like the idea of them (and hey when I lived up North it was absolutely necessary) but down here in GA it's just too much trouble.

7.  I love reality TV, but not what it's become.  Strange, right.  I mean please VH1 no more crappy "dating" shows and E! I beg you, no more Kardashians and this gonna be trainwreck "Lamas" show and also go ahead and dump The Girls Next Door it jumped the shark long ago.  The only reality shows I watch now are on Bravo.

8.  I'm totally and completely addicted to iCarly on Nickelodeon.  Yeah, I know it's a show for tweens, but darn it, it's FUNNY!  Trust me on this one, watch one episode (I recommend "iWin A Date" which made my husband laugh out loud).  Jerry Trainor (plays big brother Spencer) may be one of the best comic actors out there right now.  It's the show that gave me my new motto: "My Mom thinks I'm awesome!"

9.  My wardrobe is the worst it's ever been and I'm almost embarassed to be seen in public.  *sigh*

10.  It has taken me over a week to do this blog post, I worried about every aspect of it, from what should I say to whose blogs am I gonna pick (some of these people don't know me and will think I'm nuts), etc.  I worry WAY too much!

Okay kittens, now it's your turn.  TAG - you're it!

CSO at Junius and Pippi Take the Cake - we went to high school together, reconnected on Facebook.  She has the most amazing blog about parenting, kids and life.  She's the Mommy I wish I were.

Kheli at Remember Your Karma - former coworker, now friend and a fab quilter.

Deb at Dumbwit Tellher - such a sweetheart and her posts are out of this world!

~JCB~ - I go to her blog when I need an "escape" her photography is beyond divine.

Jill at The Good Life For Less - she gives me hope for my wardrobe's future, she's Superwoman!

Nicole at Making It Lovely - I want her to decorate my house, love her style.

Camila at High-Heeled Foot In The Door - I love following her decorating adventures, so inspiring.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...I didn't mean to stress you out! Great answers.

    Also, don't worry about the wardrobe right now. Everyone's just oogling your precious daughter. So don't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel crazy special right now!! Thankfully, you haven't seen me parent in person, otherwise you'd be rethinking your mommy goals. Hmm... what to say on my post now?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...