I think I saw this article in Real Simple magazine in early 2008, when I was quite pregnant and trying to unpack and get the house semi-organized as best I could before the little one arrived. Anyway, Real Simple helped her clean up and organize her jewelry and I just loved the way it turned out - you could see most everything and that was so appealing.
With jewelry it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for me. So I attempted to put something together that would enable me to see what I had too. Keep in mind I was very pregnant and didn't want to buy anything, I just wanted a temporary solution that was quick and easy and I could fine tune it later (much later as it turns out - like when we move). So I grabbed an old cork board from my office, some little brass screw-in hooks we had and that was it. Here's what it looks like now:
My earrings and necklaces are hanging up there so I can see what I have. Eventually, when we move, I want to make it look nicer with perhaps a frame and some paint and/or fabric. But hey, it has served me well for something that cost nothing. Oh yeah, and that's my nice walk-in closet that I will miss when we move. I had it all to myself and it was right off the master bath. Good times.
Top image via Real Simple, bottom image via me


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!