Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jewelry organizing

I think I saw this article in Real Simple magazine in early 2008, when I was quite pregnant and trying to unpack and get the house semi-organized as best I could before the little one arrived.  Anyway, Real Simple helped her clean up and organize her jewelry and I just loved the way it turned out - you could see most everything and that was so appealing. 


With jewelry it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for me.  So I attempted to put something together that would enable me to see what I had too.  Keep in mind I was very pregnant and didn't want to buy anything, I just wanted a temporary solution that was quick and easy and I could fine tune it later (much later as it turns out - like when we move).  So I grabbed an old cork board from my office, some little brass screw-in hooks we had and that was it.  Here's what it looks like now:

My earrings and necklaces are hanging up there so I can see what I have.  Eventually, when we move, I want to make it look nicer with perhaps a frame and some paint and/or fabric.  But hey, it has served me well for something that cost nothing.  Oh yeah, and that's my nice walk-in closet that I will miss when we move.  I had it all to myself and it was right off the master bath.  Good times.

Top image via Real Simple, bottom image via me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...