Friday, April 17, 2009

Favorite Finds

In the spirit of appreciating what you already own, I'm going to start doing some posts from time to time featuring things that I have that I love. These are things that I didn't just walk into a mass market store and buy, these are things that I've turned up at antique festivals, rummage sales, second hands stores/sites, etc. Things that are unique and make me happy. Things that lived a life before I purchased them. Here's the first:

I purchased these shoes at a second hand site (the same one I got that Manolo Blahnik pillow from). I first saw these Prada shoes in Harper's Bazaar in 1998 on Cameron Diaz (if memory serves) and it was love at first sight. Of course, them being Prada and me being 24, they were waaaay out of my price range. But the memory of them lingered (as did the memory of that entire collection - one of Prada's best in my opinion). Lo and behold, I ran across them on that site a few years later and snapped them up so fast it made my own head spin. They are more spectacular in person, honestly like art. Okay, they look like a pain to wear, but are really quite comfortable, that crazy heel makes them very stable. I don't wear them much, but when I do, people run over and ask me where I got them, are they hard to walk in, do they hurt? They are one of my prized possessions and attest to the genius of Miuccia Prada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...