Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Met Ball Best Dressed

Okay first of all with the Costume Institute highlighting both Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli with this exhibit, I expected a bit more quirk.  I mean both designers are known for their whimsy, artistry and fun.  I really was hoping for someone to bring the pink and I mean the Schiaparelli pink (that blue tinged hot pink that is the stuff of dreams.  That one-more-drop-of-blue-and-it's-almost-purple-pink).  How sad was I, that the only lady who got anywhere close was Julianne Hough(?) - props to her stylist for hopefully, deliberately paying homage to Ms. Schiaparelli.  I was also secretly hoping for some vintage Prada numbers from years past - like maybe an evening gown made from that lipstick print that I covet so from years gone by.  Oh well.  Miuccia should really call me, I have a scary encyclopedic knowledge of Prada stuff from like 1995 until now.  That's 60% of my brain to be honest.  Prada and SpongeBob - it's sad really.  Anyhoo, here's what I liked from last evening:

Karolina Kurkova looking amazing in Rachel Zoe Collection


Ashley Greene in Donna Karan which was a little safe but still stunning


Kristen Wigg in Stella McCartney, I love the color and the length


Angela Lindvall in Prada (psst this is what I was looking for, a bit of that Prada quirk that I adore)


Julianne Hough (with Seacrest) in Carolina Herrera, great dress, perfect color.


Paula Patton in Vera Wang, the color is fab on her


Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen


Leslie Bibb in Zac Posen, sure the print is a little "upholstery", but she's so gorgeous it totally looks amazing (I'm loving the coral/orange lips and nails)


Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier the color and cut is perfect on her (that neckline!).  Is her hair looking a little weird lately, I love a pixie cut but this one almost looks like a painted on Ken doll's hair.  Needs some texture maybe?


And I only include Gisele and Tom so I can say (in Brazilian accent) "My husband can't throw the ball and catch the ball." (post Super Bowl rant)

Images via Vogue.com

15 comments:

  1. I wish I'd watch the live stream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ginnifer Goodwin. I think her dress was probably my favorite, but Karolina Kurkova's is stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, the met ball is more exciting than Oscar dresses. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...all these are fabulous! I think I really love the white DK though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Karolina's dress is stunning!
    Must say though, I am all about the knee length, Mad Men looking dress in third pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karolina Kurkova was stunning!!! I didn't know it was Rachel Zoe though... kinda kills it for me :/

    Glad Kristin Wiig finally got a look right! She looked great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about Julianne Hough's look--that color is stunning! And Karolina Kurkova looks amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful dresses! But I agree, I thought there would be some more craziness :p
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so Gorgeous! The first one is my Fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! I love Kate Blanchett in McQueen. So incredibly amazing!

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the rachel zoe dress, although i'm not totally into the headpiece. are seacrest and hough an item? i'm so out of the loop!


    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Vera Wang piece is amazing. They are all so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...