Wednesday, April 1, 2009

10 things I can't live without (at the moment)

A fellow blogger/friend had a post a couple of weeks ago that got me thinking about some things I really like (at the moment - I say this because a month from now it could be different, that's how I roll). I thought I would share:

1. Olay Definity Color Recapture - this is fantastic as a time saver, it's got your UV protection, moisturizer and a touch of foundation all in one. It glides on the skin like a dream. Now if you are looking for coverage more like a regular foundation, then this isn't gonna fit. I would say it's almost like a tinted moisturizer more than anything. It fits my life perfectly right now!

2. Nars blush in Orgasm - Hands down the best color on Earth - a peachy pink with a hint of gold, looks amazing on! His blushes are the best, worth every cent.

3. Vera Bradley backpack - Oh, I fought Vera for a long time. I thought it was dowdy, old lady and just the antithesis of fashion. Until Java Blue came out - gorgeous! I now am an addict. I love my backpack in Peacock and carry it as my purse/diaper bag. Makes life so much easier. (on a side note - the patterns that have come out in the past few seasons are not so good, so I've eased off on my "collecting").

4. TV!!!! - I loooove my TV, it's my BFF! I have a few not to be missed shows as follows:
  • The Real Housewives of NYC (or anywhere) - trashtastic TV, so much so that I wish I had produced it or had something to do with it. LOVE!!!
  • SpongeBob SquarePants - love him so much I did a post about him. A show that is destined to be a classic for years.
  • iCarly - yeah, I watch this tween show for a number of reasons - but the main ones are that it's such a well done sitcom (hard to come by these days), the writing is witty and thoughtful and the acting is very good (the standout being the delightful, you-will-see-her-in-great-things-in-the-future Jennette McCurdy).
  • There are others, but these are the standouts right now - stay tuned, once The Rachel Zoe Project comes back on all bets are off - that is a show that makes me swoon!

5. Style.com - this is my only way to keep up with the fashion shows on my time. They have a great feature where you can create your own lookbooks to organize which looks you want to save for future reference. A great tool for a design/image buff like myself! Don't ask how many lookbooks I have - waaay too many.

6. "The Fear" - song by Lily Allen. Girl is a hot mess, but at least she owns it in this song. Very catchy and sort of sad.

7. LL Bean Boat and Tote bags - these are so useful, not only for travel. They are very good for organization and keeping projects separated. You can monogram accordingly, the colors are great and the prices can't be beat!

8. Dyson vacuum - literally changed my life - this vacuum is AMAZING, it sucks up everything that isn't nailed down. Worth the extra money!

9. Havaianas flip flops - not the crappy $2 pair from the discount store, these are Brazilian made smooshy wonders. There is something so comfy about this flip flop that they are hard to take off. Great colors and patterns. Again, worth the extra money!

10. Last but not least - I have two blogs that I love to read every day:

  • Coco+Kelley - wonderful for design and pretty things, great for inspiration. Makes me very happy!
  • Habitually Chic - another design blog, her posts are thoughtful and fun. She's great!!
Well, that's my top 10 for now. I'll do this every once in a while so you can see what's on my radar. Hope you enjoyed and maybe found something new to try. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link ;) And are you serious about the Dyson? We're replacing our upstairs carpet and I was thinking we need a new vacuum to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! me and habitually chic in the same league? THANK YOU! her blog is fab (and so is yours!!)

    have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...