Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Five - Alexander McQueen Spring 2013

Ahhh, I can always count on Sarah Burton to bring it.  This collection was all about bees.  Yep, you heard me, bees.  Honeycomb patterns, gold and honey colors, bee encrusted jewelry and embellishment.  It sounds a little cheesy, but trust me in the hands of Ms. Burton it's sophisticated and girly.  As always, I'm consistently blown away/inspired/in awe of anything that marches out on a McQueen runway (I'm sure I'm biased considering Lee McQueen was my favorite designer of all time).  Here are my many picks and trend takeaways, enjoy!

 


 
 
This is my favorite look!

 
 Now for the detail shots - ahhh:




 
Trend takeaways:
1. Gold
2. Tortoiseshell pattern accessories (like an awesome cuff bracelet)
3. Bee jewelry (a nice brooch or two)
 
Images via Style.com



5 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE the bee theme. How freaking cool is that!? Those dresses--the yellow one you picked and the black one right below it... WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bees?! now that's interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of those dresses made my jaw DROP. those red ones especially, le swoon! but it's hard to get over the fact that they all look like damn beekeepers... I guess I just don't get high fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything McQueen....no matter how avant garde

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...