Friday, October 26, 2012

Pantone's Spring 2013 Fashion Color Report


 
Pantone has released it's Spring 2013 Fashion color report and it features a palette of colors that is dubbed "The Balancing Act".  Anchored by Monaco Blue, the colors featured are a mix of brights and more subtle neutrals.  As I've mentioned before, I'm considered a "color expert" (though I have a hard time considering anyone an expert on something so subjective, although you can be an expert on the science behind color theory), but I do have thoughts about what this palette means.  I honestly expected a yellow to be the next "color of the year" - sort of like the "lemon zest" color above, but maybe leaning more towards egg yolk.  Though the blue has much merit, I want it to be a bit more of a cobalt and not so much a navy.  I want the purple to be a bit richer (more red) too and I would have liked to see a grey represented.  These palettes/forecasts are fun and certainly designers in every industry love to look at them, but they are by no means a "bible".  So take it in and then move on with your day. 
 
Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely weekend (we have a Fall Festival at my daughter's school to attend and of course I have all the fun household chores to catch up with).  Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I've been seeing things about Spring collections and am totally floored that it's already starting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even knew about these Pantone color reports until I started blogging! I like that shade of blue, although it seems like a neutral, not so much an "it color". Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the violet and jade colors for spring. Have fun at the fall festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not ready for spring yet! ;) but those are some pretty choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, especially the African violet. This is such a great palette!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to see these color 'predictions' but I must say that the 2012 color of the year did not dominate in the way that "greyed jade" aka mint has been.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that African violet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh pretty! I like to see more bold colors since usually spring is all pastels. I can see that linen color going into winter. Navy blue is typically a trend because of the nautical trend but definitely see cobalt blue being a popular color as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...