Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Five - Donna Karan Spring 2013

Once upon a time when I was a young teen I dreamed of being just like Donna Karan.  I just loved her, I loved her designs, I loved her ads, I loved the whole vibe that her brand gave off. I was mesmerized and obsessed with becoming a "Donna" woman.  That hasn't changed over the years.  I still find the idea of the "Donna" woman enchanting. Last Fall's super tailored collection was typical DK of old (anyone else remember her "seven easy pieces"?).  This collection is more DK of recent times.  A more relaxed, flowy, ethereal DK gal.  Make no mistake, it's still tailored, but in a more drapey way.  The palette was so gorgeous, soothing and sophisticated.  Hey Donna, feel free to send any of these my way! 





Images via Style.com

7 comments:

  1. these really are gorgeous pieces - I think my fave would have to be the 2nd dress, just fab!

    fashionable footprints
    fashionable footprints (facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pieces--I love the soft colors and silhouettes! That pretty pale blue jacket is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this collection, those first two looks you posted were some of my favorites
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievably gorgeous! I love 1, 2 and 3 most. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. classic yet stunning. love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute that you dreamed of being Donna Karen. I love look 2 and 3!

    Remember to enter my InPink $30 for 30 Giveaway!
    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2012/10/giveaway-inpink-30-for-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first dress is GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...