Thursday, October 20, 2011

What I'm Loving and Happy (Early) Weekend!

I'm checking out a little early this week, we are headed to a family wedding this weekend and the festivities begin this evening.  Is it weird that I haven't been to a wedding since my own almost 7 years ago?  I guess at my age most people are either already married or getting married again with little fanfare - who knows.  The only issue is, I honestly can say I have nothing appropriate to wear and I can't go buy something, so I will have to use all of my fashion superpowers to conjure up something to patch me through.  I'll let you know how it works out! 

Meanwhile, I'm going to steal borrow a feature from Katie over at Fashion's Maven and let you all know what I'm loving right now (here's a link to her What I'm Loving post yesterday).  Here are some things I'm digging at the moment (and a book update at the very bottom):

I'm enjoying Pan Am on ABC (Sundays at 10pm) - it's not the best show ever, but it's interesting and entertaining (and of course I love the clothes, see below).

November's InStyle cover with Gwen Stefani looking lovely (check out those gorgeous bracelets)!
Source: nodoubt.com via Jenny on Pinterest

Source: glade.com via Jenny on Pinterest

Glade's limited edition Cashmere Woods fragrance (I love the candle, above).  This is such a warm/smoky Fall scent, a refreshing change from the usual cinnamon/apple/pumpkin/spice scents you see this time of year.

A quick update about Bossypants by Tina Fey that I read a couple of weeks ago - loved it - so funny!

I just finished another very good read on Tuesday night - Loving Frank by Nancy Horan.
Source: amazon.com via Jenny on Pinterest

It's a novel based on Frank Lloyd Wright's 7 year affair with Mamah Cheney, a married woman in Oak Park.  The people and bones of the story are real, but it's a fictionalized account of their time together.  It was a hard book to get into, but once it gets going it's totally worth it.  It's one of those stories where you are empathetic to Frank and Mamah's situation, but not necessarily sympathetic.  It's very complicated and moving - total emotional journey, not light reading, but I totally recommend it!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I've definitely been liking Pan Am, too. The clothes are so fun to look at!

    p.s. I like your haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing other What I'm Loving posts! And we've been watching Pan Am, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You won my giveaway!!
    Email me your name and address to
    Elleseesyou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to watch PanAm but forgot to start watching it and now its too late, ha ha.
    I haven't been to a wedding since I was really little, ha ha. But my cousin is getting married next summer :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! I haven't checked out Pan Am yet. Have fun at the wedding this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to watch PAM AM, I love the 60s!

    xoxo Ally
    www.allysoninwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have fun at the wedding! I haven't seen Pan Am, but I was curious about it--especially the clothes! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...