Thursday, August 18, 2011

True Confession Time

First, I just want to apologize for my lack of posts over the past couple of weeks - I'm working on a big project which involves staring at a computer screen for hours on end and at the end of the workday I just can't bring myself to look at a computer screen for one more second.  So I've been avoiding any extra computer time.  Staring at the TV, however hasn't been an issue.  I've been watching way too much TV lately, between just wanting to zone out after the little one goes to sleep at night, to struggling with a touch of insomnia, I've logged a disgusting amount of TV watching. 

Which brings me to my true confession - one I'm not proud of at all, in fact, I'm embarrassed and yeah, somewhat disgusted with myself.  This is hard to admit, but I've been watching a whole lot of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", "Khloe and Lamar", etc.  There, I said it.  Don't think less of me.  Ugh, I just can't explain it because I find them highly irritating, yet there I sit.  No one can deny that Kim is gorgeous, I mean she's stunningly beautiful.  But what else is there?  Bruce?  Well, okay I kinda like Bruce, he always seems like he's trapped in a weird dream/nightmare, spouting out the occasional words of wisdom while trying to escape by  building toy helicopters and remembering how awesome his life was in the 70's.  No one can deny that Kris is a master of marketing her kiddos (good and bad).  And let's be honest Kourtney, bless her heart, is the least likeable most vapid human being I have ever laid eyes on.  Her baby dady Scott is king of all slimeball/douchebags with not one redeeming quality (he makes Spencer Pratt look like the ideal man).  He's the type of guy that every girl should avoid at all costs.  Living with a bunch of cats would be better than him.

And yet, I still watch.  However, I may have figured out some of the appeal for me.  I think I love seeing the clothes and interiors.  Yeah, I don't sound superficial AT ALL.  But stay with me.  Because that's all there is - there's no storyline, they don't do anything really interesting - BUT they do wear gorgeous clothes and live in beautiful houses.  Which should not be the basis for any TV show, but there you go.  I'm particularly smitten with parts of Khloe's house - specifically her home office.  Check it:


Gorgeous, right?  Here's her closet - prepare to swoon...
Her shoes?  Shut up...
Source: elle.com via Jenny on Pinterest
Source: elle.com via Jenny on Pinterest

Another image from her house...
Source: elle.com via Jenny on Pinterest

I love it - I love seeing it all (though, I could do with less of the dozens of pictures of themselves they have in every house).  I just can't help myself.  So, I'm not telling you to tune in, but if you do find any of the (many) Kardashian shows on your TV, I recommend putting them on mute and enjoying the scenery.

There, I feel better that it's out in the open now :o)

6 comments:

  1. I've watched plenty of Kardashian episodes before and am not sure why either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! OMG you are funny! I hardly watch any TV (except the housewives) but back when I actually used the gym membership that I pay for, I would run on the treadmill and watch them. So funny! They really make me laugh with all their family drama. It's always some craziness going on in one of their houses. Speaking of which, they all have beautiful homes! And that closet...*love*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch the K's, but DAYUM that house is gorgeous. Love love looooooving it.

    merci!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's probably worth watching for potential glimpses of that closet alone! Don't feel bad--they can't be any worse than the Real Housewives, and I love watching them! I think sometimes it's good to escape from real life by watching shows like these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be that young and have a home that incredible...Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's one of those things you love to hate, hate to love?? i enjoyed watching them, too...along with the girls next door (hugh hef), the hills, laguna beach...all of which had nothing of substance...just fashion and nice houses and cool places. guilty pleasure, i guess?? lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...