Friday, August 5, 2011

FBFF - Locational Influences Fashion

I'm joining up with Katy again at Modly Chic for another FBFF.  Today is all about locational influences on your fashion choices.

1. What part of the world do you blog from?
Augusta, Georgia otherwise referred to as the CSRA (I think it stands for the Central Savannah River Area) just a couple of miles from the infamous Augusta National Golf Course.  I'm also about 5 miles from the South Carolina line.

2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
I've tried to figure out how people dress here over the past couple of years.  It's a mash up of traditional Southern dress (I've never seen people dress their children in so much smocked crap in all my life - it's like 1960 up in here), collegiate garb, people in scrubs (Medical College of Georgia), people in military gear (Fort Gordon), golf chic, and the pocket of monied people who dress to the nines.

3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
I don't break the mold, but I'm not status quo either. I'm not sure how I fit in here to be honest.

Source: etsy.com via Jenny on Pinterest
4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve?
I grew up in Greensboro, NC and went to college in Raleigh, NC, with summers spent in DC (when I was very young), Chicago (when I was older) and the mountains of NC (throughout my childhood).  I've lived in Chattanooga, TN, Jonesville, NC, Cumberland, MD, Westchester County, NY, Griffin, GA (south of Atlanta), and now Augusta, GA.  Out of all of those locations obviously NC had the biggest influence as a basis of my style, but each area has contributed and helped to evolve how I dress.  Needless to say when I worked in Manhattan the bar was raised pretty high.  You are bombarded with so much fashion "information" - store windows, shops, people on the street, etc. that you almost step up your game by osmosis!

5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
So hard to say right now.  I feel most at home (style-wise) in Chicago for some reason.  I do remember when in London thinking how much I would love to dress like the ladies do there!

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to London to find out!
    Hey, I used to live in Sharpsburg, GA. Not far from Griffin. :)
    I look back at the way I dressed then and shudder. Can you picture me in Eddie Bauer, long denim skirts and travel wear. Ick.
    I think my style has been more influenced since blogging and living 1 mile from Goodwill. I dont base what I wear on what the rest of Oklahoma wears. I also think its not about what you wear but how you carry yourself in what you are wearing. I had a girl from High School tell me recently I look like I am well off and I said "Honey, I shop at Goodwill.". ;)
    Well, I gave you my spill even tho u didnt ask. Can you tell this last hour at work is sheer boredom.
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...you are funny! I know about the smocking...same here too! Not sure I fit in with the style here...feel like I would more in Raleigh. Your in Augusta now? Do you like it better? How far are you from Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these questions were difficult, didn't you? It's so hard to look at yourself and how you fit into your city in an objective way, or at least that's what I thought. I loved reading everyone's answers though, and finding out a little about where they live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see you in London!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...