Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Housekeeping


(I can only wish my home office looked like this)

Oh man, to say I'm slammed with work would be an understatement.  We have a huge project with a very tight deadline and I've been burning the weekend and midnight oil.  It will calm down a bit in a week or so, but I'm not complaining because I'm LOVING it.  I adore seeing something go from paper/digital drawing to actual fabric.  I love being the person to help make that happen, it's so fun!

So that explains the lack of regular posts up in here.  I also have been taking a break from outfit posts for the summer, for a variety of reasons.  First, my summer clothes are so boring, boring, boring - hate them (but I'm on a spending freeze so no new ones this year).  Also, when I am working at a facility I have to wear a uniform - again, boring.  And it's been so unbearably hot, I just felt so yucky and frazzled.  Don't fret, my goal is to get back into it this Fall.

One thing I have been doing this Summer is to try at least one new recipe a week.  It's been really exciting, fun, as well as delicious (for the most part).  I wanted to share the ones I've been trying with you all, but don't want to turn this into a blog with food content.  So as a compromise, I'll post the recipe I try each week - with how I liked it -  to my Facebook page, so if you are interested head over and like my page.  This week's is up there now (here's a picture of it).

That's about it for today - hope everyone has a good one!

4 comments:

  1. You think my work would get me that chair for my desk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i WISH i could have a home office like that! ok...that's my next goal! ok, first i need to get mini-he out of my room and into his own, lol!

    dish looks good...is that brown rice? or quinoa?

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling lady--I've been busy as all get-out lately too! But I'm so happy that you found a job that you love--that makes it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are swamped but glad you love your job.
    I am going to like your facebook page now and check out that recipe it looks great.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...