Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review - Columbia SkinCare Probiotics Complex and Concentrate

Disclosure: I received these for review via Massive Sway Group. I only accept products for review that look like something I would normally buy or be interested in.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Seems like probiotics are everywhere right now.  What are probiotics?  Probiotics, also known as "good bacteria", found in yogurt and other indigestibles, have been keeping people healthier longer for years.  I jumped at the chance to review Columbia SkinCare's Probiotic Complex and Concentrate.  Why?  Because I take probiotics every day and that once-a-day pill has completely changed my gut/bloat/upset tummy.  And since I swear by them internally, I was curious about what they could do externally.  These are topical-specific probiotics, clinically proven effective and safe, these products enhance and fortify the skin's ability to do what it does naturally: renew and rejuvenate itself.  I've been using both morning and night for a month now.


The Probiotic Concentrate is the top and the Probitotic Complex is on the bottom.


First up the Probiotic Concentrate - $190:


This contains a unique blend of probiotcs, plant stem cells and peptides which intensify and enhance the skin's renewal process.  I applied a small amount to my skin and it is very light and absorbs quickly.

Followed by the Probiotic Complex - $165:


This is the world's first probiotic formulation created specifically for topical use.  It's formulation effectively enhances the most important biological feature in aging skin" it's ability to renew itself.  This cream is so silky and luxurious.  Like the Concentrate, it absorbs quickly and seems to leave sort of a semi-matte finish without feeling tight or uncomfortable.

One thing the company cautioned was that if you are using medications or treatments with retinoids there might be a slight interaction, usually a tiny blemish or pimple.  This is actually the effort of the probiotics to rid the cells of the impurities in the retinal products which often result in the drying of the skin.  I will say this happened to me after 2 days of use.  Nothing awful or major but a couple of breakouts.  They went away quickly.

Now for my thoughts after a month.  First of all there is not fragrance, but it does smell like probiotics.  If you've ever smelled one of the pills then you know what I'm talking about.  It's not unpleasant or bad, it's just not flowery, etc, it's very earthy I guess.  Not a big deal.  I honestly didn't have too many expectations, but I will say I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin.  I didn't take pictures because honestly I'm not sure you could tell from them, but I really noticed how much better my skin looked overall.  Not plumper, not "no more wrinkles" but just overall better.  The texture was nicer, it looked very hydrated, I was pleasantly surprised to be honest.

Now these are a bit pricey, yes.  But they do seem to work and deliver, so (especially if you have issues with retinol products) these might be a good alternative.   

Here is a special offer from Columbia SkinCare just for my readers.  Purchase either probiotic product above and receive a FREE moisturizing cream, a $38 value.  Use code: ProbioticGift at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...