Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review - "Confessions of a Crispy Mom" by Laura Frances (#21 - 2016)

Disclosure: I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher for review. I only accept copies of books for review that look like something I would normally buy or check out at library.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Confessions of a Crispy Mom by Laura Frances

I was eager to get my hands on this book, the author is a dear friend, former boss and mentor.  It's her first book!  She has a sharp wit and the ability to get really "real" about a lot of things.  I always appreciate that and her ability to just make you better (your work, your life, etc).  That being said, she would be mad if I didn't give an honest review, so that's what I will do.  The main character, Delia is each of us, our struggles, our insecurities, just being overwhelmed on a daily basis as moms. The ultimate question being how can we make the most of the years we have with our children? Through some letters left to her by her late Mother, Delia discovers how to answer that question. It's a touching, raw and heartwarming read. I will admit sometimes I teared up because Delia's "confessions" hit very close to home (though unlike Delia, I wouldn't get upset if my husband hired a person to clean house every once in a while - lol!). It's a quick read that packs a big punch. Pick this one up, especially if you have small children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...