Monday, October 3, 2016

Book Review - "Make it Happen" by Lara Casey (#19 - 2016)


Make it Happen by Lara Casey

I stumbled upon Lara Casey through social media and promptly ordered this book and her PowerSheets.  I dug in.  Now let me preface this review with the fact that she is faith-based and if you are turned off by that in any way, then this is probably not for you.  I started working on the PowerSheets and watching Lara's videos and reading her blog.  Then I quickly realized I needed to read the book and dig deeper through that.  This book is really thought provoking, honest, raw, emotional.  Ms. Casey lays it out, she bears her soul and all her issues and how she worked through them (is still working through them) and lessons learned.  She's like your honest friend who tells it like it is but in a warm, funny, nonjudgmental way.  She wants to help you be your best self.  And she's not talking about "having it all" and "climbing to the top", she's talking about living your life with purpose and creating a meaningful life.  It's not an easy read at times, lots of stuff comes up with her prompts and exercises.  And I get overwhelmed by that so it took me a while to read it from cover to cover.  And I still feel like I need to revisit all the dogeared pages (I dogeared A LOT of pages).  So this book is more of a journey and a workbook, something that I'm going to keep with me and reference a lot.  I highly recommend the book and I highly recommend following Ms. Casey on social media.  She does live Facebook talks on Wednesdays, she's such a motivating person.  

I've been a bit slack on the PowerSheets (this is my perfectionist side coming out, I want to fill everything out "right" so I just don't do it, which defeats the purpose I'm aware, because there is no "right").  Work in progress here :)

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...