Friday, August 12, 2016

Book Review - "After You" by Jojo Moyes (#14 - 2016)


After You by Jojo Moyes

This is the sequel to Me Before You (my review here) it picks up about 18 months after the events of the first book occur. Louisa is lost and depressed and just all around stuck.  I'm not going to say too much so I don't spoil anything, but I will say that she meets a few people that completely turn her life upside down and hopefully can help her move forward.  Okay, I'm going to say that this was a somewhat underwhelming sequel.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.  I love Louisa but I guess I wanted a bit of a different story.  Though part of me understands why she wrote the story the way she did.  If you loved the first book, you will not love this one as much, but it's completely up to you if you want to pick it up.  You won't miss out if you don't read it and just want to leave the story/characters the way they were in Me Before You.  Proceed at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...