Thursday, February 25, 2016

Book Review - "Alexander McQueen: The Life and the Legacy" by Judith Watt (#2 - 2016)



I make no secret of my love of McQueen and his work, he was hands down my favorite designer of all time.  I'm dating myself here, but I followed his career from almost day one and was in shock for a solid day when he died.  This book took a deeper look into his life, how he got his start in fashion, timeline of his work and a super helpful breakdown of each of his collections.  It was so interesting and insightful.  I've read a lot about him and have this book and this one (both of which I recommend and both make great companions/references when reading this book).  My only complaint was that I wished it had more pictures, but I had to remember this book was more about him, his inspiration, motivation and not as much about the actual fashion.  So I ended up referencing both books I mentioned before and YouTube.  If you search on YouTube you can find almost every collection in whole or part.  Bottom line, this is a must read for any McQueen fan or anyone who wants to learn more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...