Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Book Review - "The Underwriting" by Michelle Miller (#39 - 2015)


The Underwriting by Michelle Miller

Strange book, not in a bad way, more in a does-this-stuff-really-happen? way.  It's about a group of bankers who have been recruited to do a 14 billion dollar IPO for a hugely popular app. It's a dating app (much like Tinder) that has over 500 million users.  The characters involved are interesting (to say the least and also I'm being nice) and the stakes are high for each of them that this IPO needs to be successful.  A murder happens and the aftermath may just destroy them all.  The book is being touted as a thrilling/humorous satire.  Satire? Yes.  Humorous/thrilling?  Nope.  And then it ends in sort of a cliffhanger/set up for the next part coming in 2016 (eye roll).  Bottom line, is it worth reading? Sure, it's a solid story and I read the whole thing in a day, but be aware there will be a sequel and the author is a bit heavy handed in her point of view (which was a bit of a turn off for me).

1 comment:

  1. I guess I will wait for the sequel first, I don't like having to wait too long for a story to continue.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...