Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book Review - "The Selection" by Kiera Cass (#25 - 2015)


The Selection by Kiera Cass

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw this book recommended online (a blog or Instagram perhaps? I wish I could remember so I could give a shout out).  I decided to pick up the book at the library and I'm glad I did.  It's a Young Adult  Teen book (don't look at me like that) so it's a super easy read.  Obviously, I'm not their target demo, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.  Set in the future in a country that was once the United States, where there is a monarchy and a strict caste system.  When the Prince comes of age to marry, there is a nationwide lottery/selection for all girls of eligible age that will live at the palace and "compete" for the chance to be his Princess.  The story centers around a girl named America from one of the lower castes, who under pressure from her mother, enters the selection.  Of course she's one of the 32 girls chosen (duh) and the book chronicles the narrowing down of girls to 6 (of which America is one, duh).  I didn't realize it's a series, so now I'm hooked and have to read the next 3 books.  It's like The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor. This should not appeal to me, but at this time of year, I need mindless entertainment.  I need books that I can pick up and put down, are entertaining and don't take forever to read.  This series will fit the bill for me this Summer.  In fact I'm getting ready to head out to the library to pick up book 2!  It's like I'm 41 going on 14 and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...