Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Book Review - "I Don't Know What You Know Me From" by Judy Greer (#18 - 2015)



You've seen Judy Greer in a lot of things, trust me, you have.  She's an extremely prolific actress who, in my opinion, has the best of both worlds.  She gets consistent work, yet remains under the radar, so she's not recognized like crazy in public.  I've been a fan of hers for a while, so I was eager to read the book.  I loved it, it's a bunch of essays about her life.  Growing up, going to college, Hollywood and relationships.  The chapter about her only Oscars experience was so great, it was so real and she was so honest about how awful it was (her dress fell apart, she couldn't find anyone she knew, etc), you just wanted to give her a hug.  It's also really refreshing to hear someone in Hollywood talk about how hard it is to juggle everything, she's not wealthy so she doesn't have a full time assistant, etc.  She's a girl who makes a good living as an actress, yet doesn't have this team of people running her house, etc behind the scenes.  She's way more like "us" than those ladies you see on the covers of all the magazines.  After reading it you really do want her to be your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...