Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Review - "365 Style" by Nicky Hilton (#17 - 2015)


365 Style by Nicky Hilton

So I was watching the episode of the "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" when Kyle's niece, Nicky Hilton, had a book signing at Kyle's store.  I was all "OMG, I need to see if the library has this book so I can see what it's like!" So I did. And they did. And I read it.  And I was pleasantly surprised.  I was expecting a lot of eye rolls and advice that doesn't even apply to me (there was some of that) but mostly it was a decent style book.  The premise is her "formula" for creating a wardrobe that will work for you.  Basically, every season, think of 3 occasions that you regularly dress for, then choose 6 staple items of clothing and 5 essential accessories that work for your occasions.  These will be the core of your wardrobe for each season and then you can build from there.  It makes sense, though it gets a bit confusing at times.  Her underlying theme was to figure out what works for you and what you feel comfortable in, your signature style.  My only real complaint about the book was that there were not enough pictures, and the pictures that were in the book were small and not really great quality.  Would like to have seen a better balance of words and images.  Overall, it's a solid style book, not one of my favorites, but certainly not a bad one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...