Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Book Review - "Captain America, Vol 1: Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection" by Ed Brubaker and others (#9 - 2015)


I guess I'm becoming a bit of a comic book person.  After loving Planet Hulk, and loving the Winter Soldier movie, I decided to pick this compilation up.  I'm glad I did.  First of all it's not like the movie, sure there's Cap, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Falcon, and Nick Fury, however the rest of cast is different than the movie (for example Red Skull is still alive at the beginning).  The basic premise of Cap finding out about this top secret Russian assassin is there, his feelings about it are still there, it's just presented in a different way.  The Winter Soldier is such an upsetting character, he's a victim, a person who has been turned into a weapon.  It's easy to follow, has lots of action and is a snap to read.  If you are intrigued by the Cap/Winter Soldier storyline then for sure pick this up.  Of course this means I'm going to have to get the other volumes, etc.  I'm interested in what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...