Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Review - "The Glitter Plan" by Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor (#6 - 2015)


A breezy read about how Pam & Gela started the phenomenon that was Juicy Couture in the early '00's.  Part entrepreneurial guide, part biography and part history of Juicy Couture, it was really a fascinating look into how these two ladies created a global powerhouse brand by really just trusting their guts and filling a niche.  I was particularly intrigued about how/why they left the company after they sold it and their thoughts about where Juicy is now (at Kohl's), as well as their new line Pam & Gela.  I'm no entrepreneur by any means, but I love reading about how people build companies/brands, it's fascinating!  This book may be a bit oversimplified, but I still loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I have had this book on my list for a while. I need to check it out. I had no idea that Juicy was now sold at Kohl's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...