Monday, January 5, 2015

Book Review - "Planet Hulk" by Greg Pak

Planet Hulk by Greg Pak

Let's put this out there, I'm not a regular comic book reader.  Do I love my superheros and comic book characters?  Heck yeah!  However, I've read only a handful of comic books in my life.  But I have been hearing endless buzz about this series, so many people have raved about it, so I picked it up just to see what the deal was, not expecting much.  One thing I do need to say is that I have a super soft spot for the Hulk, I really love him so I have extra feels for him.  Okay, so the book starts out with Hulk being exiled to another planet, he was tricked into going into space by his trusted friends (Tony Stark, etc).  They thought they were sending Hulk to an uninhabited planet, but that wasn't the case.  Hulk is quickly captured and becomes a gladiator who has to fight for his life for the amusement of a very evil king.  He makes friends with the other gladiators and eventually they stage an uprising with Hulk as the leader (remember the more you beat up Hulk the stronger he becomes, also the angrier he gets the bigger and stronger he becomes as well).  Hulk eventually becomes the king/ruler, finds love and marries.  Has our Hulk finally found happiness?  Well, not really, something really horrible happens that triggers the next series World War Hulk.  And as that title indicates, some serious sh*t is going to go down back on Earth because Hulk is angrier than ever!  I'm going to have to give it to everyone who said this was a great series, it is!  I was surprised I enjoyed it so much and how much it stayed with me after I put the book down.  It's a solid story, and since it just focuses on Hulk you don't have to have tons of back story with a bunch of characters you don't know already.  It's not confusing and it won't nerd you out.  So I will recommend this to anyone who has any curiosity at all about comics or just wants to give them a try.  I will be reading the next series for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...