Friday, December 12, 2014

Book Review - "A Story Lately Told" by Anjelica Huston

A Story Lately Told by Anjelica Huston

I've been hearing a lot about this memoir and was excited when I ran across a copy at the local library book sale!  It recounts her childhood in Ireland, London and then eventually in NYC as a young model.  Her life is fascinating, but I found her telling a bit scattered.  I honestly had a hard time keeping up with the cast of characters.  And I never understood if she actually finished school or not.  Her lineage is fascinating (granddaughter of Walter and daughter of John) but also created a bit of destiny for her in regards to being in movies.  When I finished the book, I was a bit "meh" and yet I still want to pick up part two to see what happens in Los Angeles.  As autobiographies go this was a solid 3 on a scale of 1-5.

1 comment:

  1. Something (and someone) tells me that part two will be the one to get.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...