Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Book Review - "The Selby is in Your Place" by Todd Selby


I found this at the local second hand bookstore in the clearance section for $5 (it was pretty much brand new)!  So I had to grab it and check it out.  I'm glad I did.  Now granted, it's definitely a book with a hipster vibe (which can make one roll their eyes, myself included) but I could overlook all that and just enjoy peeking into people's homes and workspaces.  I just love stuff like that.  As a person in a creative field I'm used to be surrounded by stuff that inspires me.  Pinboards full of images, toys, fabrics, boxes overflowing with color chips, etc. so the clutter that is in some of these spaces I completely understand.  Do I love clutter, no, but I do understand how you really have to have stuff around you for reference.  These spaces aren't perfect, they are lived in and not polished up to unattainable.  That's the part I love about this book and I'm happy to add it to my interior design book collection.  If you don't find spaces like that inspiring or interesting (and if you hate clutter) then this isn't the book for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...