Friday, December 19, 2014

Book Review - "The EveryGirl's Guide to Life" by Maria Menounos

The EveryGirl's Guide to Life by Maria Menounos

Another book picked up on a whim at the library, I just love books like this, it takes me back to my adolescence, when I was trying to figure out who and what I should/could be.  Always on the lookout for tips and tricks about life.  It's like that old Ellen DeGeneres joke about adults asking kids what they want to be when they grow up - because the adults are looking for ideas.  I guess you never quite figure it out or maybe it's just me that hasn't.  Anyway, back to this book, it's really aimed at the older teen/young adult set so I didn't get too much out of it, just a few things here and there.  However if you have an older teen/college age/fresh out of college gal in your life then this would be a great gift!  She just gives very practical advice and encouraging words about being self sufficient, learning all you can and becoming highly organized.  Some of the technology she mentions is a bit dated and the "black book" she encourages you to start with all your vital information, etc (a good idea), I would add buying a fireproof safe to put that book in (and any other vital documents) and put the safe in a very secret place.  All in all a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...