Thursday, November 6, 2014

Book Review - "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell

I'm switching things up a bit around here.  If you are a regular around here you know I keep a running list of books I've read (and my thoughts on them) on the "Books I've Read" page.  But the list is getting out of control and I want to be able to search my book list more easily.  Plus, let's face facts, I'm not posting as much on the blog as I have been and I feel the blog is evolving a bit.  I mean, I love sharing my reviews of products why not add my thoughts on books as posts too?  So along with the usual posts I'll be posting my book thoughts as well.  Starting today!  I went on a bit of a "putting books on hold" binge at the library over the past few weeks and they have started pouring in. So let's get started.

Oh my, I LOVED this book so much.  It's technically classified as a "young adult" book but I found it totally relatable.  The story centers on Cath and her first year of college.  She has a twin but her twin decided that they shouldn't room together, she wanted to be her own person and thinks that Cath should want that as well.  Cath is a popular (albeit anonymous) fan fiction writer for a Harry Potter-type series of books.  It's her escape, her passion and part of her identity.  Her home life is complicated with an absentee mother and a father who has mental health issues.  I totally related to Cath, the story brought back those "first year of college, coming of age" issues.  Just finding your way into adulthood, crossing that bridge.  I highly recommend this book, it's a light, easy read that satisfies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...