Monday, November 10, 2014

Book Review - "The Arsonist" by Sue Miller

The Arsonist by Sue Miller

I had high hopes with this one, however was supremely disappointed.  Reading this was like walking through mud, it was work.  It's the story of a small New Hampshire town one Summer in the late 1990's where fires are destroying homes of the residents who summer there.  There is an arsonist on the loose and everyone is scared.  Focusing on Sylvia and Alfie who have retired there and their daughter Frankie who has returned to town after fifteen years in Africa doing aid work.  And that's about it.  It's touted as "suspenseful" with "emotional insight", it is neither.  The only suspense was if I was going to actually finish the darn thing.  I would skip this one.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I have high hopes for a book and then I end up not liking it. Too bad this wasn't a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so disappointing. "The Vacationers" was another huge disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...