Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Review - "Homemade Nail Polish: Create Unique Colors and Designs for Stunning Nails" by Allison Rose Spiekermann

Disclosure: I was sent a copy of the book for purposes of review. All opinions are my own.

I'm a color junkie, and my color preferences change rather frequently depending on my mood, the season, trends I see, etc.  And we all know that nail polish is a quick and easy way to hop on a trend without spending buckets of money.  But sometimes it's super hard to find just that right color that you are looking for.  Or maybe you are looking for one-of-a-kind nail art.  Have you ever just thought "I wish I could just make my own polish."?  If so, then this is the book you have been looking for.

To be honest, when I first scanned the book, I was a little intimidated, there's a lot of information and recipes with ingredients I'd never heard of.  But, when I started from the beginning and actually read the text, I relaxed.  The goldmine in this book is the first chapter, she really breaks down what ingredients are in polish and what you will need in order to create the looks you want.  Allison really takes something that seems super complicated and makes it simple.

While I didn't have time to tackle any recipes right now, I will in the near future (I didn't even want to go there with my 6 year old home with me for the Summer, this will be a project best attempted when she is out of the house).  I'm going to dip my toes in with the polishes made with eye shadow and then the holographic top coat.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who is remotely interested in creating custom nail colors or just wants to be able to get a unique look that they can't find.  So much fun!


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea creating your own polish was even possible!

    Bedknobs & Baubles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...