Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lush Henna Hair Dye Review and Q&A

Two months ago I decided to try Lush's Henna Hair Dye in Caca Rouge.  Way back when I started dying my hair red, I used the packets of henna you can get at places like Sally's Beauty Supply.  But I decided to try the Lush version because it has extra ingredients to help condition the hair.  As you can see it arrives in a bar that you have to break up.

Once you break it up, you then pour hot water over it and start mixing it.  This takes a while and you have to keep the mixture warm all the while, until it's the consistency of brownie batter.  Since I had super long hair at the time (more on that later), I used all the bricks and it made A LOT of dye (I ended up using about 90% of it)!  Next, I started putting it on my hair - and it was MESSY!  OMG, so messy.  Once you get it on your hair, you have to wrap your head up in plastic and then wait for about 3 hours.
Nice, right?

Then you rinse it out.  And this is even messier than the application, good grief, it took forever to get that stuff out of my hair and my shower looked like I had potted plants in it all day long.  But once I got it all out, my hair felt great and I got a nice red out of it.

Here's the color and my new hair cut.  As you can see I did a big chop.  I got so tired of having all that hair and decided to cut off enough to donate to Locks of Love.  I'm loving the new 'do and haven't missed my long hair for a second!

So what are my conclusions about Lush's henna?  I would say, if you want a natural, not stinky alternative to other at home color, then go for it. Just know it takes a while to develop and can get messy.  I wasn't 100% satisfied with my results (mostly meaning that I need a bit of a brighter red, it looks a little brighter in the photos than it actually was).  And I felt like it faded a little quicker than I remember my henna fading in the past.  Would I buy again, probably not, I don't feel it was $26 worth the effort.

Now on to the Q & A!

I was recently tagged by one of my bloggy besties Sheryl over at How to Make a Life for a little Q & A! Here we go...
1. What is your favorite season and why? 
I have a tie and it's Spring and Fall, I love them because of their transitional nature. In Spring the days get brighter and nature starts "waking up".  In Fall I can't help but love that crispness that is in the air.

2. If money were not an object, where would you travel? 
I would do a complete around the world trip, there are so many places I want to go and things I want to see.  I would start in Iceland and go from there!

3. What is your favorite Television series? 
I recently finished binge watching "Breaking Bad" and it was insanely good, so well acted and crafted, it was sort of TV perfection.  As for my all time favorite show, I have to say "The Andy Griffith Show" it set the bar very high for all the sitcoms that came after - funny with heart.

4. Coffee or Tea? 
Tea - iced!

5. What makes you happiest?
Being around my friends and family (especially at the beach)!

6. What are three things you can't leave the house without? 
Phone, sunglasses and lip balm.

7. What is your favorite topic to blog about? 
Fashion shows, the trends, my favorite looks, all that stuff!

8. If you could be any animal, what would that be? 
I honestly have no idea.  Maybe Karl Lagerfeld's cat - talk about a pampered pet, she's got a maid!

9. What is your favorite music to listen to? 
Pop - Top 40

10. What is your favorite procrastination activity? 
TV and Internet.  Pinterest probably is my biggest time suck...

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great! I love the new cut! The color turned out nice. I've been thinking about doing my own color. It's so dang expensive at the salon. Just scared I'll mess it up lol. Great Q&A too! xoxo Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...