Tuesday, March 18, 2014

RIP L'Wren Scott 1967-2014


My heart just broke yesterday when the news came in that L'Wren Scott was found dead.  You see, I absolutely adored her work, ADORED it.  She had that rare combination of creating clothes that were tailored yet fluid.  She understood a woman's body and a woman's needs.  Ladylike yet sexy, using beautiful fabrics, rich colors and intricate embellishment.  And my goodness she was tall, 6'3" to be exact.  I loved that she owned that height, no slouching for this girl!  I'm sad that most people didn't really know her work outside of red carpet gowns.  I'm angry that most of the news outlets identified her as only "Mick Jagger's girlfriend" which she was, but that did not define her or give her credit for her successful career.  Mostly I'm gutted that we lost such a great talent.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.  Here is a lovely tribute article by Sarah Mower at Vogue.com.

I'll leave you with one of my all time favorite L'Wren Scott gowns from Spring 2014.
.
Images via Style.com

2 comments:

  1. So sad. I didn't even know that she had passed away. She really was so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely written Jenny! I was shocked to hear this news yesterday. She was a very talented woman. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...