Friday, October 11, 2013

40th Birthday (Fantasy) Wishlist

In exactly one month I turn 40.  Deep breaths. I know it's just a number, but let me tell you youngsters out there, the older you get, the less you feel your age.  I mean I still feel 25.  I can't possibly be 40, that's old (well, not anymore)!  I keep asking myself, aren't I supposed to feel more "mature", more "together", be more "successful", I should have things figured out by now, right?  Nope!  Does anyone ever feel like they have it all figured out? Probably not, but the good news is, as you get older the less you care about having "it figured out" and the more you just want to be true to yourself and do what you enjoy.  You are better able to understand trade-offs and compromise.  I work from home part-time which doesn't mean I rake in the money, but it does allow me flexibility to be there for our daughter when she gets home from school and tagging along on field trips with her class.  A compromise that I'm totally okay with at this time in my life.  But that doesn't mean I still don't wish I could run out and buy some serious luxury items.  I've been doing a lot of online browsing and dreaming lately, so I decided to create a total fantasy 40th birthday wish list.  If I had unlimited funds I would snag any (or all) of these goodies!

1. Signed copy of "Decades: A Century of Fashion" by (my online friend) Cameron Silver / 2.Vince shoes / 3. Victoria Beckham tote / 4. Prada Marfa photograph by Kristin Kirkley  / 5.  3.1 Phillip Lim tote / 6.  3.1 Phillip Lim 31-hour bag

What about you? Any pie-in-the-sky items on your wish list?  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. i always wanted a balenciaga bag and a pair of louboutins. but not sure if that's what i'd want now, hmmm.

    love those flats. i keep seeing similar ones, but i wonder if they slip off the heel when walking??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big - and fun - milestone birthday to look forward to! I felt I should be more put together when I turned 30, but I also wonder if anyone ever feels satisfied. Anyway, you should totally buy that print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you sure that's your real age?? i thought you were younger than me! i'm 37. i need that bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...