Friday, August 2, 2013

Liebster Award




















I have been nominated for the Liebster Award 
by Melinda over at C'est ma vie!  (hop over and check out her gorgeous photos)

This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers by other bloggers.  It’s a way to publicize and promote your blog,  gain more activity on your site, and acknowledge your fellow bloggers’ awesomeness, despite the lower numbers of readers. Thank you, Melinda for the honor!

Here are the rules:

  • Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
  • Share 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger (Melinda) created
  • Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve recognition 
  • Post 11 new questions for them to answer

11 Facts About Me:
1.  I'm turning 40 this year (and I don't feel like a soon-to-be 40-year-old)!

2.  I'm obsessed with hotels, love them, love a good one. I obsess over the design of them, the little freebies, the bedding - yeah, it's nuts. The nicest one I've stayed at would have to be the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, wow! I one day want to stay in The Library in NYC - it was located right around the corner from my old office, every room has a theme - I'm getting goose bumps. 

3. I have a foul mouth and need to work on that - yeah... 

4. I adore doing laundry, it's my stress relief. 

5. I've been on the roof of the Sears Tower - way back in the summer of '92 when I was working there - it was so surreal (and scary with the wind - eek). 

6. If my feet wouldn't kill me, I would wear heels every day, I love a high heel - I spent a lot of my 20's tottering around on them, like during shows and stuff (running around High Point during Furniture Market and Showtime in heels, I'm amazed my feet are normal). 

7. I love organizing closets and clothes, I could spend hours doing that. When I saw Rachel Zoe's show on Bravo and saw her workspace - I mean they would get shipments of clothes from allover and would organize them for her to pull for clients, well I almost passed out, I would do that job for free! 

9. I watch too much TV - there I said it. Mostly crappy reality TV. Don't judge, you know you love it too ;o)

10. I believe that cars and clothes can be considered works of art. 

11. I believe in ghosts. Boo! 

My Answers to Melinda's Questions:
1.  What inspires you?  Magazines, blogs, nature.

2.  What frustrates you?  Not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

3.  What's in your bag?  Too much stuff!  But usually wallet, phone, makeup bag, coupon file, gum and tissues.

4.  Home is:  Where my family is!

5.  Most beautiful sight:  My daughter sleeping.

6.  Favorite sound:  A cat purring.  A football bouncing off of a goal post is a close second (it's such a satisfying "bonk" sound).

7.  Favorite scent:  Coffee

8.  Favorite book:  So hard to pick a favorite, but Cold Sassy Tree is always a book I reach for again and again.

9.  Favorite film:  Caddyshack followed closely by Anchorman

10.  Dream destination:  Hawaii, I love Hawaii!  I would love to visit Iceland, that's next on my travel wishlist.

11.  Best advice you've received:  Don't judge your insides by someone else's outsides. 

Now I'm supposed to nominate some blogs, but what I would like to do is throw these questions out to anyone who wants to participate!  If you do it, put the link to your post in the comments so we can check them out!

Here are my questions:
1. Favorite TV show
2. Favorite beverage
3. Favorite food
4. One blog you "must read" every day
5. Favorite vacation spot
6. One beauty product you can't live without
7.  What book is next on your "to read" list
8. A trend you would like to try out
9.  What is an item on your fashion wishlist
10.  Describe your ideal day
11.  Favorite snack food

Thanks again, Melinda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...