Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Weekend!

First up, head over to Elembee today and see what I love about my home state of North Carolina (as part of her outstanding "Across the USA" series)!

Meanwhile, we don't have any plans for the weekend other than to avoid all the traffic from The Masters.  It's been crazy, a lot of people rent their houses out that live around us and it's been party central every night.  Between that and the endless stream of jets in and out of the private airport near us at all hours of the day and night, I'm done.  My husband, on the other hand, loves it (he's headed over to Augusta National on Saturday).

I'm a Jackie Robinson fan and I am so excited about "42" which opens today:
 I'm hoping to sneak off and see it in the next few days.  I have a couple of books about Jackie that I would recommend if you are interested in more information about him:

Jackie Robinson: A Biography by Arnold Rampersand - a comprehensive and extremely informative book on his life. I loved reading this!

Teammates by Peter Golenbock - a kids book that is one of my all time favorites about a day in Cincinnati where Pee Wee Reese took a stand and put his arm around Jackie and declared him his teammate.  I bought this book before I was a mother and now it's one of my daughter's favorites.

Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?  See you next week!

3 comments:

  1. i saw my sister star as marty in grease! so proud of her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see it yet? My hubs is dying to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...