Friday, January 18, 2013

Random Thoughts Friday

I ran across this video on the Our State website (Our State is one of my favorite magazines, so well done).  If you want a little peek inside a textile mill then hit play.  They are in the Cone Mills White Oak plant in my hometown of Greensboro, NC.  The denim woven there will be used for yet another North Carolina company - Raleigh Denim - who makes the jeans in Raleigh, NC.  Which is awesome! 


A couple of things, these are older dobby, shuttle looms (if any of my textile peeps are reading this, feel free to confirm or deny - the looms seem too close together for them to be rapier and too old to be anything else) so they run slower than the looms I deal with in my job.  And second, this lady is so like so many of the weavers that I know and have known and I must say that I LOVE weavers.  A good weaver is worth their weight in gold.  Trust me.

So that was a tiny peek into the American textile industry.

On an unrelated note, I ran across this sweater in one of my searches:
Jaime sweater - Club Monaco

Which made me immediately think of this song:



I'm not sure about why you would want a sweater with "1985" on it unless you really love Paul McCartney and Wings or maybe if that was the year of your birth.  The thing is Club Monaco was established in 1985, but who the heck cares about that? 

Anyhoo, hope you all have a fab weekend!  See you on the flip side!

3 comments:

  1. Well, looks like I need that sweater because that is the year of my birth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao I might need to get that sweater because that's the year I was born! But yes usually clothing with random dates (usually est. 1956) bug me

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is your job? only if you want to share. This was fascinating. I'll look into your requests! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...